Classroom Simple

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Feelin' Creative



It is a well known fact that I am frugal. And I'm okay with that. Today, I was pondering through Pottery Barn Kids and found a cute butterfly mobile made out of paper. It was around $40 and that was enough to inspire me. It's not like theirs, but I like how it turned out and more importantly "Fancy Nancy" thought it was wonderful. Now my seven year old son is wanting one, so I am going to have to have to coat it with testosterone somehow.

I cut all the butterflies out with the cricut, used some beading thread to string them with some beads I had laying around. Then I made a wire halo with some jewelry wire and wrapped some beads on it with a finer jewelry wire.

I am pondering the idea of having students make a smaller version for spring. Eggs, flowers, and bunnies in pastel colors floating on strings......

No comments:

Post a Comment