Classroom Simple

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tweeting in the Classroom


I had the opportunity to listen to Kevin Honeycutt (http://www.kevinhoneycutt.com) speak this past Monday and wow! He was an amazing speaker that really motivates and encourages the use of technology in the classroom. One of the most important points I took home with me from his presentation, was how we need to teach our students how to use social networks appropriately and responsibly. One of his suggestions was to create a Twitter board and allow students to "post" their status/thoughts on laminated sentence strips. So, I brought that idea back and the students love it! Here is the header for our Twitter Board that I made using the cricut (and SCAL software). I will post pics next week of the whole board.

No comments:

Post a Comment